‘Exodus to Nowhere – the quest to cure queers’ tells the whole story about the rise and fall of ex-gay/reparative/conversion therapy. This will be a significant work for several reasons.
- The author’s lived experience – born in 1951 and in a gay conversion therapy residential program 4 years before Exodus was founded.
- The author’s unique insights – lived through the entire era. Worked extensively with ex-gay survivors and towards ending ex-gay organisations.
- The previously unexplored foundations of conversion therapy
- Untold stories of the damage the ‘change is possible” message created.
- Why gay conversion therapy began happening globally before Exodus was founded.
- Where conversion therapy still exists
- Crucial lessons learned from 7 decades of destruction.
To be notified of publication date of this new work please subscribe HERE